GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
Scope of application
ZheJiang Morui Environment&Technology Co., Ltd. (refer to ZheJiang MR), is professional company which is committed to become processing manufacturer of pipeline system solutions. Located in the ZheJiang High-tech Zone as headquarter. There are several branches in ZheJiang , ZheJiang and ZheJiang provinces.
We are not only processing manufacturer, but also it has the own sales and service network. We are able to grasp accurately the clients’ “pain points” that the clients faced. And provide the proper solutions immediately. Because we have the excellent team who are focusing on follow-up service.
The ZheJiang MR company’s products have been widely used in the field of MF, UF and RO system, sewage water system, water supply and drainage, high-pressure desalination system, such as garbage infiltration liquid, electronic, chemical industry, air-conditioning and so on. Our products are compliance with international first-class standard(GB, ASTM, DIN and JIS). Meanwhile providing the professional before-sale and after-sale service to our clients.
Qn1: Are you the factory or trading company?
Ans: We are the factory of manufacturing flexible grooved couplings. There are 2 different types ,including plastic and stainless steel. They are mainly applicable in RO,UF and NF system.
The size is from 1″ to 8″, which is satisfied with water treatment.
Qn2:where is your factory located?
Ans:Our factory is located in B6-2,South Park,Guangda Green Industrial Zone,Xihu (West Lake) Dis. District,ZheJiang ,China.
Qns3: How about the working pressure of grooved couplings?
Ans: For plastic grooved couplings, normally are used in UF system. The Working pressure is up to 10bar with small size. For the larger size,up to 6bar,such like 2-1/2″ and 3″.
For stainless steel, there are 4 steps of working pressure. Low pressure(300psi),medium pressure(600psi), high pressure(1000psi) and ultra-high pressure(1500psi).
Qn4: Can I have sample provided?
Ans: Yes, we can provide sample.
Qn5: When can we get sample?
Ans: For standardized components with stock in hand, we’re ready for preparing within 2 working days.
Qn6: How can you ensure the quality of finished products?
Ans: There are several components to consists of finished goods,such as housing, gasket and bolts and nuts with any kinds of sizes. Excepts inspectors, we have several testing machines, like spectrographic analysis instrument, universal testing machine, impact machine and metallographic microscope to ensure the 100% sample selected be tested.
Impact of Elastomer Element Design on Rubber Coupling Performance
The design of the elastomer elements in a rubber coupling plays a critical role in determining its overall performance and capabilities. The elastomer elements are the heart of the coupling, responsible for transmitting torque, absorbing vibrations, and accommodating misalignments. The following aspects of elastomer element design significantly impact the coupling’s performance:
- Elastomer Material: The choice of elastomer material influences the coupling’s flexibility, damping characteristics, and resistance to wear. Different elastomers offer varying levels of resilience, chemical resistance, and temperature tolerance. Common elastomers used include natural rubber, synthetic rubber compounds, and polyurethane.
- Elastomer Hardness (Durometer): The durometer hardness of the elastomer affects its flexibility and ability to absorb vibrations. Softer elastomers have higher damping capabilities but may offer less torsional stiffness. Harder elastomers provide better torque transmission but may have reduced vibration isolation.
- Elastomer Shape and Geometry: The shape and geometry of the elastomer elements influence their flexibility and deformation characteristics. Different designs, such as cylindrical, star-shaped, or spider-shaped elements, affect the coupling’s ability to accommodate misalignments and transmit torque smoothly.
- Elastomer Bonding: The way the elastomer is bonded to the coupling’s hubs or inserts impacts the coupling’s overall durability and reliability. Proper bonding ensures that the elastomer effectively transfers torque and maintains its properties over time.
- Elastomer Properties Over Temperature: Elastomers can exhibit changes in performance with temperature fluctuations. Understanding how the chosen elastomer material behaves at different temperatures is essential for applications with varying operating conditions.
The design of the elastomer elements is a delicate balance between providing flexibility for vibration isolation and misalignment compensation while ensuring adequate torque transmission and overall coupling stiffness. Engineers must carefully select elastomer materials and design features based on the specific requirements of the application to achieve optimal coupling performance.
Industries and Applications of Rubber Couplings
Rubber couplings are widely utilized in various industries and applications where their unique characteristics are beneficial. Some examples include:
- Automotive: Rubber couplings are commonly used in automotive drivetrains to connect the engine to the transmission and other components. They help absorb engine vibrations and shocks, enhancing passenger comfort.
- Pumping Systems: Rubber couplings find applications in pumps and fluid handling systems, where they dampen vibrations and reduce wear on connected equipment.
- Material Handling: Conveyor systems and material handling equipment use rubber couplings to minimize vibrations and shock loads during the movement of materials.
- Industrial Machinery: Rubber couplings are employed in various types of industrial machinery, such as compressors, generators, and gearboxes, to ensure smooth torque transmission and vibration isolation.
- Marine: In marine applications, rubber couplings connect propulsion systems and power transmission components, contributing to the overall reliability and performance of vessels.
- Renewable Energy: Wind turbines and solar tracking systems utilize rubber couplings to absorb dynamic loads and vibrations caused by changing wind conditions.
These examples highlight the versatility and importance of rubber couplings in maintaining efficient and reliable operation across a wide range of industries and applications.
Role of Rubber Flexibility in Accommodating Misalignment
Rubber couplings are designed with a flexible element, usually made of elastomers, that plays a crucial role in accommodating misalignment between connected shafts. The flexibility of the rubber element allows it to deform and absorb angular, axial, and radial misalignments, providing several benefits:
1. Angular Misalignment: When the input and output shafts are not perfectly aligned in terms of angle, the rubber element can flex and twist, allowing the coupling to transmit torque even when the axes are not parallel.
2. Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment occurs when the shafts move closer together or farther apart along their axis. The rubber element can compress or extend, adjusting the distance between the shafts without hindering torque transfer.
3. Radial Misalignment: Radial misalignment refers to the offset between the centers of the shafts. The rubber element can bend in response to radial displacement, ensuring that the coupling remains operational while accommodating the offset.
This flexibility not only enables the rubber coupling to handle misalignment but also helps prevent excessive stress on the connected machinery. By absorbing shock loads and distributing forces, the rubber element reduces wear and tear on components and minimizes the risk of premature failure.
In essence, the rubber’s flexibility in the coupling acts as a buffer against misalignment-induced stresses, contributing to smoother operation, improved longevity, and reduced maintenance in mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-10-17