GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
Scope of application
Qn1: Are you the factory or trading company?
Ans: We are the factory of manufacturing flexible grooved couplings. There are 2 different types ,including plastic and stainless steel. They are mainly applicable in RO,UF and NF system.
The size is from 1″ to 8″, which is satisfied with water treatment.
Qn2:where is your factory located?
Ans:Our factory is located in B6-2,South Park,Guangda Green Industrial Zone,Xihu (West Lake) Dis. District,ZheJiang ,China.
Qns3: How about the working pressure of grooved couplings?
Ans: For plastic grooved couplings, normally are used in UF system. The Working pressure is up to 10bar with small size. For the larger size,up to 6bar,such like 2-1/2″ and 3″.
For stainless steel, there are 4 steps of working pressure. Low pressure(300psi),medium pressure(600psi), high pressure(1000psi) and ultra-high pressure(1500psi).
Qn4: Can I have sample provided?
Ans: Yes, we can provide sample.
Qn5: When can we get sample?
Ans: For standardized components with stock in hand, we’re ready for preparing within 2 working days.
Qn6: How can you ensure the quality of finished products?
Ans: There are several components to consists of finished goods,such as housing, gasket and bolts and nuts with any kinds of sizes. Excepts inspectors, we have several testing machines, like spectrographic analysis instrument, universal testing machine, impact machine and metallographic microscope to ensure the 100% sample selected be tested.
Suitability of Rubber Couplings for High-Speed Rotation and Varying Loads
Rubber couplings are generally well-suited for applications involving high-speed rotation and varying loads, thanks to their unique properties and design features.
High-Speed Rotation: Rubber couplings can effectively handle high-speed rotation due to their inherent flexibility and damping characteristics. The elastomeric material used in rubber couplings helps absorb and dissipate vibrations that can occur at high speeds, contributing to smoother operation and reduced wear on connected machinery components.
Varying Loads: Rubber couplings are capable of accommodating varying loads due to their ability to deform under stress. The flexibility of rubber allows it to absorb shocks and impacts caused by changes in load, preventing damage to connected equipment. This feature is particularly beneficial in applications where sudden changes in load can occur, such as in industrial machinery.
However, it’s important to consider the specific requirements of the application. While rubber couplings provide excellent vibration isolation and misalignment compensation, they may not offer the same level of torsional rigidity as some other coupling types. In cases where precise torque transmission is crucial, and minimal torsional deflection is required, other coupling options might be more suitable.
Overall, rubber couplings can provide reliable performance in applications involving high-speed rotation and varying loads, especially when the benefits of vibration damping and misalignment compensation are essential.
Industry Standards and Guidelines for Rubber Couplings
There are no specific industry standards or guidelines that exclusively govern the design and application of rubber couplings. However, various general standards and engineering practices apply to flexible couplings, including rubber couplings:
- ISO 14691: This standard provides guidelines for the installation, use, and maintenance of industrial flexible couplings, which include rubber couplings.
- AGMA 9005: The American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) standard provides information on selecting lubricants and lubrication methods for flexible couplings, ensuring proper performance and longevity.
- API 671: This API standard specifies the requirements for special-purpose couplings used in petroleum, chemical, and gas industry services, which can include rubber couplings for specific applications.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Many rubber coupling manufacturers provide guidelines, specifications, and installation instructions for their products, helping users select the right coupling and use it correctly.
Since rubber couplings fall under the category of flexible couplings, engineers and designers can follow these broader standards and best practices while considering the specific characteristics and performance requirements of rubber couplings for their applications.
Types of Rubber Couplings Designed for Specific Uses
There are several types of rubber couplings, each designed with specific characteristics to suit various applications:
- Flexible Jaw Couplings: These couplings consist of two hubs connected by a flexible rubber element. They are commonly used in applications where misalignment, vibrations, and shocks need to be dampened, such as in pumps, fans, and compressors.
- Oldham Couplings: Oldham couplings use a rubber disk as the intermediate element between two hubs. They provide compensation for misalignment while maintaining a constant velocity between input and output shafts, often used in printing, packaging, and CNC machinery.
- Tyre Couplings: These couplings have a high degree of torsional flexibility and are suitable for applications with substantial misalignment and shock absorption requirements, like in heavy-duty machinery and construction equipment.
- Pin and Bush Couplings: These couplings use rubber bushes to provide vibration isolation and accommodate misalignment. They are used in various industrial applications, including conveyors, mixers, and crushers.
- Diaphragm Couplings: Diaphragm couplings use a flexible rubber diaphragm to transmit torque and compensate for misalignment. They are commonly found in precision equipment like servo motors and robotics.
Each type of rubber coupling is designed to address specific needs in different applications. The choice of coupling depends on factors such as the degree of misalignment, torque requirements, shock absorption, and the level of precision needed.
editor by CX 2023-09-05