Custom Plastic Mould Component Nylon Shaft Coupling for Industrial Equipment
We can custom shape,size,color material and quantity for plastic coupling as your requirment.
1. Various hardness for your choice.
2. Good abrasion, heat and oil resistance.
3. Good anti-aging performance and gas tightness.
4. Ease of bonding to other material.
5. Excellent oxygen and CHINAMFG resistance.
|PA,PA6,PA66,PP,PE,LDPE,HDPE,UWHDPE,PTFE,POM,ABS,or Custom Compound
(Any custom compound plastic is available)
|According to samples or drawings
|Black,white,red,green,transparent or any color according to Pantone colors
|High Gloss,Fine Grain,Electroplating,Painting,Printing,Texture etc,or as request
|Round,square,rectangular,or any nonstandard shape as request
|Debossed,embossed,printed logo or as request
Plastic Material Properties
Zhongde (ZheJiang ) Machinery Equipment Co.,LTD is a company integrated in design,OEM&ODM plastic&rubber&CNCparts production.We can provide the best products and service at a competitive price.
We can provide OEM service,which means producing base on your drawings or samples,also we can design according to its application or customer`s requirments.
Order Operation Flow
We execute each step according to the operation process flow, strictly, seriously and meet the requirements of customers with good quality on time.
For Fast Quotation,Please Inform Below Details
1. Production type
2. Material specification (or let us know the using environmental)
3. Size details? (or provide drawings or samples for refference)
4. Quantity request
5. Prefer color
Durometer Hardness in Rubber Coupling Materials
Durometer hardness is a measure of the material’s resistance to indentation or penetration by a specified indenter. In rubber couplings, durometer hardness is a critical characteristic that influences their performance. It is typically measured using a durometer instrument.
The durometer hardness scale commonly used for rubber materials is the Shore durometer scale, indicated by a letter followed by a numerical value (e.g., Shore A, Shore D). Lower durometer values indicate softer and more flexible rubber, while higher values indicate harder and less flexible rubber.
In relation to rubber couplings:
- Higher Durometer (Harder Rubber): Couplings made from harder rubber materials have better torque transmission capabilities and higher load-bearing capacity. However, they may offer less vibration isolation and misalignment compensation.
- Lower Durometer (Softer Rubber): Couplings made from softer rubber materials provide greater flexibility, vibration damping, and misalignment compensation. They are suitable for applications where vibration reduction is crucial.
The choice of durometer hardness depends on the specific requirements of the application, including torque levels, vibration, misalignment, and desired performance characteristics.
Industry Standards and Guidelines for Rubber Couplings
There are no specific industry standards or guidelines that exclusively govern the design and application of rubber couplings. However, various general standards and engineering practices apply to flexible couplings, including rubber couplings:
- ISO 14691: This standard provides guidelines for the installation, use, and maintenance of industrial flexible couplings, which include rubber couplings.
- AGMA 9005: The American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) standard provides information on selecting lubricants and lubrication methods for flexible couplings, ensuring proper performance and longevity.
- API 671: This API standard specifies the requirements for special-purpose couplings used in petroleum, chemical, and gas industry services, which can include rubber couplings for specific applications.
- Manufacturer Recommendations: Many rubber coupling manufacturers provide guidelines, specifications, and installation instructions for their products, helping users select the right coupling and use it correctly.
Since rubber couplings fall under the category of flexible couplings, engineers and designers can follow these broader standards and best practices while considering the specific characteristics and performance requirements of rubber couplings for their applications.
Main Advantages of Using Rubber Couplings in Industrial Applications
Rubber couplings offer several key advantages when used in industrial applications. These advantages make them a popular choice for various industries and mechanical systems:
- Misalignment Tolerance: Rubber couplings can accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments between connected shafts, reducing the need for precise alignment during installation and operation.
- Vibration Damping: The rubber elements of these couplings absorb and dampen vibrations, minimizing the transmission of vibrations and shocks to other components. This helps prevent damage, wear, and noise generation.
- Shock Absorption: In systems where sudden shocks or impacts occur, rubber couplings absorb and cushion the impact, protecting connected components from damage.
- Noise Reduction: The ability to dampen vibrations also contributes to noise reduction, creating quieter operation environments for machinery and equipment.
- Equipment Protection: Rubber couplings protect sensitive equipment from excessive loads, vibrations, and shocks, enhancing the longevity and reliability of the system.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Compared to some other coupling types, rubber couplings are generally cost-effective to manufacture, purchase, and maintain.
- Easy Installation: The flexibility and design of rubber couplings make them relatively easy to install without the need for specialized tools or complex procedures.
- Minimal Maintenance: Rubber couplings require minimal maintenance and lubrication, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Wide Range of Applications: Rubber couplings are versatile and find applications in various industries, including automotive, power generation, pumps, conveyors, and more.
In summary, the main advantages of using rubber couplings in industrial applications include their ability to tolerate misalignment, dampen vibrations, absorb shocks, reduce noise, protect equipment, cost-effectiveness, easy installation, low maintenance requirements, and suitability for a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-07